If you’re job is anything like ours, then your calendar could be filled with client meetings, staff meetings, and a whole laundry list of tasks to complete by the end of the day. Real estate is a crazy industry and time management is the only way we can get everything done in the time we have allotted each day.
Have you ever not completed something that you wanted to get done today, but just didn’t have time to do it? Trust us, we all have. Time management in today’s business world is key to helping you accomplish what you want and need to accomplish on a daily basis. Here are several tips on how to better manage your time, so you can accomplish more in your day:
- A smart phone is your friend!
- If you don’t have a smart phone, we would highly encourage upgrading to one. Receive and respond to e-mails faster and eliminate having a full inbox every time you return to your desk.
- Divide up your “To-Do” list.
- Create a “Have To-Do” today and “Don’t Have To-Do” today list. Try and complete 10% of your “Don’t Have To-Do” list that day.
- Don’t multitask.
- Focus on completing one task at a time and you will end up completing more tasks at the end of the day.
- Call people.
- Sometimes e-mail is easier, but not when you have a 25 e-mail string going on with the same person about one topic. One phone call can save a lot of time and get you the answers that you need right away.
- Block off lunch/”sanity time” for yourself.
- Try and block off a specific amount of time each day around the same time for lunch and to just relax your brain for at least 30 minutes.
If you don’t think you have enough time to get everything done and you wish there were 30 hours in a day instead of 24, try some of these tips and you should see some extra time within your day open up.