Within the next 9 years, it is predicted that Generation Y (Millennials) will make up about 75% of the workforce in America. These are individuals who have grown up with copious amounts of technology, are masterminds at multi-tasking, and are looking for a company that supports work-life balance.
TitleSmart is a growing title company in the Twin Cities. In order to continue growing and attracting new talent, we are creating a great employee experience by focusing on fostering positive culture, offering amazing benefits, and promoting work-life balance.
What Millennials Want From Work
- They want to know what the goals are and where the company is projected to be in 5-10 years.
- Ability to Grow Within the Company
- They want to see that there is a path for them to grow with your company and advance their career.
- Technology and Social Media
- They want to connect with their place of employment and co-workers via technology and/or social media platforms.
- They don’t want to use PTO or vacation for their appointments because they are willing to make up the time missed at work earlier or later in the week.
- Micromanaging is a swear word to Millennials. They want the ability to do their job and make a difference without someone constantly looking over their shoulder.
How Companies Can Adapt to the Millennial Workforce
- Allow Flexibility
- Open up flextime for employees where they can make up their hours at another time of the day or later in the week when appointments or other scheduling conflicts arise.
- Be Real
- Millennials can smell a political answer from a mile away, so be real and honest with your employees about situations going on within the company.
- Social Networking
- Allow your employees to boost your social media marketing by giving them limited access to social media platforms.
- Form Internal Committees
- Millennials want to help solve problems and make a difference, so get them involved in internal committees to help make the workplace more lean and advanced.