Professionals in the real estate game are tremendously good at building personal relationships offline in a face-to-face environment. They are very good at getting to know people on a personal level, getting involved in their community, and connecting to the local market.
What most real estate professionals aren’t very good at is applying their offline social skills to their online social media efforts.
Social media is a great way to stay connected with local clients and groups that you are a part of to boost your marketing efforts. Applying your offline social skills online can help build trust and advocates for you and your brand. Many times this can help you reach friends of friends that you otherwise may not have reached through other traditional marketing efforts.
In this blog post we will cover some key tips for applying your offline social skills to Facebook.
- Keep your content and posts positive.
- Everyone is attracted to a positive energy person. Positive energy is contagious and people want to be around an upbeat person. Think about something before you post it. Does it promote positive energy, will it enhance someone’s day, will it make them feel good or uplifted? If not, don’t post it.
- Post about things happening in your neighborhood and community.
- You want to engage with your fans and a great way to do that is highlight things in the community that mean a lot to them.
- Diversify your content.
- Make sure to include things such as pictures and video into your Updates because this is the most engaging and most sharable content on the web.
- Show that you care about your clients.
- You do this in person and you’re great at it, so apply it online! For example, taking a picture of you holding a set of keys you just got for a client that closed on a home and posting, “Today is the day! Welcome home Mary!” This helps show that you really care about your client without giving away too much information about their identity.
Now that you know you’re great at developing personal relationships offline, start applying your skills online and incorporate social media into your marketing efforts!