There are few things in life better than a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven. It’s so simple yet so comforting and decadent and has stood the test of time. That’s why we love offering our customers fresh-baked cookies at their signings! It not only puts a smile on everyone’s faces, but it is also one of those little things that make the whole experience even more special!
For the time being, we’ve switched over to packaged goodies for the safety of our customers, and we sure do miss the smell of fresh cookies baking in the office. If you’re craving some chewy, chocolatey goodness like we are, why not make some at home? Below is a great recipe for making delicious homemade cookies. We guarantee they won’t last long once they’re pulled out of the oven!
1 c. butter (2 sticks) softened at room temperature
¾ c. granulated sugar
¾ c. packed brown sugar
2 ¼ c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375 F.
1. In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, sugar and brown sugar, and the egg until there are no lumps and the mixture looks smooth and creamy.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then gently mix into the wet ingredients. Make sure all the dry ingredients are incorporated but don’t overmix.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips to the dough, making sure they get evenly distributed.
4. Use a large tablespoon to drop spoonfuls of dough at least 2-3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you don’t want to use parchment, don’t worry about greasing the pans as there is enough butter in the dough to keep the cookies from sticking.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look golden brown and set.
Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan and enjoy!